Monday, July 17, 2006

WHY THERE CAN NEVER BE A SUPERMAN

All this superhero buzz has prompted me to write something about my fav. heroes. This summer has witnessed a deluge of superheroes...the good (superman, x-,men) the terrible (krissh) and the ugly (that akshay guy in alag) Superman is the ideal hero for every generation. Initially he was preferred just because he had the most awesome powers, he was invulnerable and he was the mightiest of all heroes.
Slowly realising this folly people started leaning towards Batman as their ultimate hero, he was without powers, he was mortal and he was flawed. Above all he was a self made man who changed his situation and the circumstances around him to become one of the most powerful heroes feared and respected. But I like Superman and i will now procceed to give the logic for my argument. Most people believe in fate. What happened was fated to happen, it was destiny. Nothing happens by accident, situations and circumstances were meant to take place, people are what they are by fate. In such a situation, a man was chosen by fate to have all the power in the world, to be the mightiest being on the planted and among the most powerful
in the universe. Only a real hero can be chosen to weild such power. Even without his powers and his special abilites, being the kind of man he is, Kal El, or Clark Kent, would have been among the greatest heroes ever. It is what he is that makes him special, not just his powers. And that is why i claim, that there can never truly be a Superman.

No one person, one man can be entrusted with such a wealth of power and might. No one is that honest, courageous, altruistic or heroic. And so i sadly claim that there can never be a Superman. We learn from our follies, our mistakes. A flawed man would make the best enforcer. I have watched and observed myself as I slowly let go of my beliefs and principles, and fell into follies and errors because it was difficult to hold onto my beliefs or maybe because i just lacked the willpower. I degenerated something that i would have not thought possible few years ago. And
as i observed myself, as i threw my mind back, i saw my mistakes and observed my follies and hus realised where i had gone wrong. And now i would be among the best persons to consult on what not to do. This is true for many other people. No person is perfect. More importantly no person is complete. So there can never be one man who can be completely in charge, who can be completely trusted with everything. Hence i claim that there can never be a superman entrusted with all the might in the world. Because even real saints arent that saintly.

No comments: