Friday, June 06, 2008

Heavy Duty Bullshit

Frivolous people have one very important thing in common. They wait until there is a group or gathering of people to broach the real heavy duty topics. They want people to think they are the broody and ponderous type. I have a philosophy which comes true especially when it comes to heavy and private thoughts. What you think is what you think. Once you think out
loud in a huge gathering it isnt technically a thought anymore and ergo you cannot be the brooding hunky thinker a la the masterpiece by michaelangelo that you imagine yourself to be.


Thoughts about where life is headed, what kind of love you seek, what you expect from life, your innermost personality traits arent meant to be discussed around a canteen table in a drab afternoon, or like in the case I talk about, an interns table on a slow, lazy day.

Then they point fingers at you and then ask you. What about you, what do u think/what do you expect from life/what is you ambition/what kind of girl do u seek/how many girlfriends have you had/what is your definition of love? Well.. I mean to ask, what about me? If I indeed have answers to these questions, its none of your business. I hate to walk into one of
these conversations. And thanks to the air of frivolity that I carry around, I get targeted and made a spectacle of.


Everyone has a well formed opinion. Kaavish will do this, Kaavish does this, He's way to immature, He just likes junk food, he just likes his damn books (well, why shouldnt I? They are among the most stimulating company I can find).

I feel like pointing out their arrogance to them. Their stupid meaningless air of meaningfullness. The aura of solemnity that they pretend to project is nothing but a sham, and I'd love to expose it for what it is. But as I approach, I hear mediocre, slow, loud, cacophonous hindi film music blasting from their cellphones and i walk away into a corner, take out a
book, plug in my earphones and turn up my Ipod full blast. There I am, blissfully seated with two of my best friends, my book and my Ipod.

No comments: